Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Video Blogging Mini-Doc


Today, I am working on the outline for an idea I have had in my head for a while now: a mini-documentary on video blogging.

Having been doing video blogs for the past 6 years, it is a topic I have quite a bit of interest in.
When I saw the trailer for TheAmazingAtheist’s Documentary Amazing, I was intrigued someone was actually making something addressing the subject. I have to say though that I was slightly disappointed that the documentary itself was not as insightful on the subject as I had hoped. Provocative questions were posed, but not really explored in any in depth fashion.

I know that there is currently a documentary on YouTube Atheism in the works, and that sounds like it will be interesting, but I am going to try and focus on the bigger picture of the phenomenon and not something as narrow as YT Atheism.

While I don’t exactly know what it is like to be a YouTube Star, I do know enough to have some insight into at least what it must be like to produce videos for a living, and I want to look at both sides of the camera: the video maker and the audience.

I will talk about my own personal experience, but I will try not to make that the focus.
So, my loyal readers, Stay tuned…

No comments: