Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Working on a Novel


After years of intentions and the random fragments written, I am finally sitting down to write a novel.
I am currently 17,000+ words into a semi-autobiographical novel based on my time working in retail.

I have been writing several thousand words a day, and I intend to be completed writing by the end of next month and will take an unknown amount of time editing it, although I plan to publish it by the end of the year.
I am going the self-publishing route (most likely LULU) as I think this is the choice that makes the most sense, and a can save myself the hassle of having to hustle an actual publisher.

While this novel will blend fact with fiction, I intend to write more explicitly fiction books in the future.
This first effort is a way of gaining experience in the process of bringing a work of substantial length to completion.

Stay tuned for updates. I will likely post some excerpts on here at some point in the not too distant future.

No comments: