Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

School is winding to a close

I still have an 8 page paper to write, another paper to revise for the millionth time, and another 5 page paper. After that, another paper for a final and 2.5 in class finals. Once school is over, I am trying to learn Dreamweaver so I can make web pages and create custom content for sites I am already on, like Tumblr, Blogger, etc. I also have 3 videos of live shows I need to edit multiple camera footage from, make a DVD for one of them and also a DVD for a show I taped years ago and recently discovered the disc never made it to the band members (that’s what the into was I posted on YT and Vimeo). I also want to complete my master work of this year, which is a compilation of footage from the local Zombie Walk back in October. Aside from video, I have numerous writing projects to work on.

I also plan on traveling to my sisters for Christmas and visiting friends in the NYC/NJ area. Then in January I am going out to California to visit my brother. I will likely be visiting the San Francisco area, but as I will be with family, I am not sure if I will be able to hang with any interwebz peoplez. Sad, because who knows when I will hit the west coast again.

This of course is not an exhaustive list of projects I have lined up. Every now and then I catch myself asking why I burden myself with so many needless tasks. I don’t think I am a workaholic, because my efforts are often uneven. But I feel sort of useless if I don’t at least intend to burn the candle at both ends. I want to reach a point in technical skill where actualizing my artistic vision is relatively effortless and I possess the knowledge and skill set to do so.

No comments: