Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Religulous

So, the other thing which I have been pestered about as of late is whether or not I have seen Bill Maher’s movie Religulous. I can now finally say that I have now seen it. my over-all opinion of it is that it was better then I thought. It was not a heavy handed, in your face, fuck all religious people, sort of movie one might expect it to be. I am still amazed on a daily basis how the faithful can simultaneously constantly be on the retreat when it comes to giving reason and evidence and yet at the same time be on the advance when it comes to asserting their dogma is “truth”. How is it that the human mind can call something “truth” then they cannot even give a valid reason for why it should be believed, let alone for why it actually is the truth. That said, the movie was somewhat of an edifying experience, but over all told me nothing I did not already now, and in some ways only dealt with things on a very surface level.

1 comment:

magx01 said...

I enjoyed the movie for the humour and the message, but content wise, it was lacking. The editing was disingenuously used to Bill's favour, and some of the narration and back and forth between him and his camera man was irritating.

Overall, it was enjoyable, but nothing to take seriously on an intellectual level.